ITP E. 34 I Spy w/ Christine Fleming, Haggerty Museum of Art
This week, for episode number 34, the gang finally gets Christine Fleming, Community Engagement Manager at The Haggerty Museum of Art, who was supposed to be the first guest on the podcast back in February.
Suffice it to say, a lot has changed since then.
Mac's scat take on our tropical house intro (00:21), Our recent advocacy output powered by the Imagine network (3:43), New hashtag: #ImagiNationMKE (5:45), Road of Democracy/Road to Wrestlemania (6:20), Road of Democracy Call for Artists (9:52), Christine Fleming intro and context - guest #1 or #34 (12:01), Great grandmas and mean art teachers (16:33), Museum education as the "dark side" (23:00), Museums at academic institutions (27:10), Holding physical space in the age of coronavirus (31:52), Innovations to increase access to museums (37:44), Seeing the unseeable & Google Arts and Culture (39:47), Big Stantion (43:09), "Dubious Means" (48:33), Arts and Culture Czar reign (50:56), Plugs (55:15), Mac signs his own death warrant (57:55), Outro Easter Egg (1:01:03)
Web: The Haggerty Museum of Art | Like: @HaggertyMuseum | Browse online: The Haggerty Museum of Art on Google Arts and Culture
Audio Transitions: "Caroline's" by Amanda Huff (Bandcamp)
Episode 34 Ephemera:
- Wrestlemania II vs Wrestlemania III (David was right that it was Wrestlemania 2 in three locations, Mac was right that it was the British Bulldogs vs. The Dream Team, and Hulk Hogan body slammed King Kong Bundy in WM2 and Andre the Giant in WM3. Big John Studd was body slammed somewhere)
- Road of Democracy Call for Artists
- Songs for David's Wake (make a contribution!)
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
- Milwaukee on Google Arts and Culture
- Hegelian aesthetics and the eschatology of art
- Take action to increase public support for arts and culture